Field Experience!

Week 4 in Field Experience

This week was teaching day and I was a bit nervous about teaching since it was my first time actually presenting the lesson plan I’ve written to the students. Before following through with the lesson plan, I was getting myself more adjusted to the students. So I was reading to the students, and I was interacting with them. During the outdoor time I was playing with them tag and was racing them, so I was able to be more comfortable with them which is what my goal was. When it came to doing my lesson I was able to read the book with no problem because I’ve read to them before, but I started getting nervous when it came to the flashcards portion in my guided practice because there was a lot of movement happening and students started telling me that they couldn’t see the cards so it made me second guess if doing flashcards was the right them to do as an activity because I didn’t have the pictures that were on the paper in color so I was hesitant with that in the beginning. I think overall the lesson plan could’ve been bad but it was ok for my first time teaching. Now that I have experienced what it feels like and how the students will react, I now know what to be expecting and I could better prepare myself for it. Overall, I think I did good for the first time, and I know that there will be more lesson plans and teaching to become better at this.

Can’t wait to tell you what I’ll experience next week! See you all!