Field Experience 4551

DODGE PG 48 QUESTIONS

1. I have never had the experience when it comes to a bedtime ritual for children. I don’t have children of my own for me to be able to go in-depth, but what I have seen thought was how the caregivers in the classroom would make the infants go to sleep they feed the infants and then change their diapers at least twice before they go to sleep. They then rock them on their rocker until they fall asleep. Another thing I also saw was the caregiver wrapping them in the blanket and the rock themselves on the rocking chair until the infant falls asleep. The infants fell asleep soundly and there weren’t any problems. 
  2. From what I have seen in the classroom, the only time I get to see any student really sleep are the infants. Their nap time is after lunch which I don’t stay for so I miss that part of their routine, but when the infants do wake up for a tiny nap during the time I am there they do cry a little when they wake up but that is if someone disrupts their nap that is why they wake up crying.