Field Experiences 3 &4

Week 11: 4th Teaching Day! Social Studies!

Hey friends! Welcome back! So this week was a good day! I went to the school’s playground for the first time because the teacher decided to have free time outside since it was beautiful outside. I never get to see the students during lunch/ recess and gym, so seeing them laughing and enjoying themselves made me glad. For this week, I taught the students about the seven continents in the world. I felt that it went successful since this was their first time being introduced to the topic. They were very engaging, and I ensured to have key details for them to remember the significance of each continent so that they could remember them better. My main focus was to make sure the students knew which continent they were, and by the end of the lesson, they were all excitedly shouting, “North America!!” I was thrilled that my lesson went well, but what I need to continue to do so it could be grand on my next teaching day is to have down authority when giving instructions so that students cannot interrupt or start talking. I’ve noticed that some students have been doing that, and I hope that speaking more and building those classroom management skills throughout the day will be able to handle the students when I teach again. I set this goal for myself in the beginning after teaching my first lesson, and I would say I have come a long way and am proud of myself. I felt that I wouldn’t get that down but practicing and having my MT guide me and give me tips has helped me down the road.

Next week would be my last teaching day, and my topic will be recycling and how recycling is important. I am excited about that activity because I am incorporating a game into the lesson, which I know the students will enjoy.

Until next week to tell you more about the lesson and how the day went!